Please note that our Website contains links to other sites not owned and/or operated by us; therefore these sites may have privacy policies that differ from our Website.
What information do we collect through our Website, and how is this information used?
Contacts through our Website
We collect certain Personal Information through the Website when you choose to submit such information to us through email, online form, or other method (such as contacting us through our “Contact Us” or “Chat with Sales” Website functions). This may include, but is not limited to, a person’s name, company name, physical address, telephone number, and email address and includes such Personal Information you provide to us in order to request additional information about our products and services, employment opportunities, or for other purposes. We use Personal Information collected through our Website to respond to specific requests for information.
You do not need to provide this Personal Information to us, but if you do not, we will not be able to respond to your communication. We collect and use this Personal Information for our legitimate business interests to understand customer/potential customer feedback and responding to sales requests. We will keep this information for as long as you have a relationship with us, or if you do not have a relationship with us beyond this communication, for a reasonable length of time that lets us understand how people use our Website.
We also maintain a log of certain information concerning visitors to our Website, including but not limited to a visitor’s IP address (a computer’s numerical Internet address), the websites from which visitors access our Website, the type of web browsers used to access our Website, the device used to access our Website, and the pages viewed. Such information may be treated as Personal Information under certain applicable local law. We only use this type of information to understand how our Website is accessed and how it is used.
If we have collected your Personal Information through our Website or through other channels (such as if you have exchanged contact information with one of our sales representatives or certified partners, or have included your Personal Information in an event registration form), and we have permission to do so, we will use your Personal Information to inform you about our products and services and to gather feedback from your on our Website and services. You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by selecting the opt-out link contained in such email that you receive, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sale or Merger of Predictive Index
We will also disclose Personal Information (1) in response to lawful requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements) and (2) in our sole discretion if we believe that such disclosure is appropriate in connection with an official government or regulatory investigation or in response to a perceived significant threat to a person’s health or property or to our business.
We may also process your Personal Information if necessary in the defense of a legal claim. We will not delete Personal Information if relevant to an investigation or dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
How does Predictive Index protect the security of my Personal Information?
Does Predictive Index transfer my Personal Information to other countries?
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country in which we engage service providers, including to countries outside of the location(s) of your business, such as the United States and countries within Europe, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Where such transfers of your Personal Information are made, they will be made in accordance with applicable law.
Transfer of Information to Other Countries – Users in European Economic Area (EEA)
We store your Personal Information on cloud servers located in the United States. In addition, we use suppliers in the United States that support the provision of our services. The transfer of this information is governed by a contract including standard contractual clauses (SCCs) approved by the European Commission. Please see our Privacy and Data Processing Agreement FAQs for more information.
How can I change, update or delete my Personal Information, or request that I not be contacted?
You can change or update your Personal Information at any time. In order to change, update or delete any Personal Information, please contact us by calling us at (800) 832-8884, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What rights do I have about the use of my Personal Information?
CA and VA Residents
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection of your Personal Information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information;
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of those disclosures, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained; and
- How long we retain your Personal Information.
You also have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our disclosures and sales of your Personal Information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected from you;
- The categories of Personal Information we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such information, by category or categories of Personal Information for each category of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, if applicable; and
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Right to Opt-Out
We do not sell your Personal Information now and have no plans to start, however, we are required to let you know that you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information if we ever engage in such activity. If you wish to opt-out of sharing your information with third parties, you may do that as well, provided that we may not be able to provide the Services without sharing certain information with our subprocessors.
Right to Correct/Right to Rectification
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request correction of any inaccurate Personal Information. Upon our verification of the validity of a correction request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct your Personal Information as directed, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of maintaining your Personal Information.
Right to Delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your Personal Information. However, in some cases we cannot delete all or some of your Personal Information as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, CPRA, or VCDPA (as applicable) such as denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different level of service or quality of products to you.
Some of these rights, e.g., the right to be forgotten or the right to request that we transfer your information to another company, will only apply in certain circumstances. Generally, these rights will not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information, or if the information is relevant to an ongoing legal dispute.
We have listed the rights you have over your Personal Information and how you can use them below. These rights are subject to restrictions under European data protection law and, subject to the exemptions in that law, may only apply to certain types of information or processing.
- We need your consent for some of the ways we use your Personal Information, e.g., for marketing or processing special categories of information about you. You can remove that consent at any time.
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your Personal Information and if we are, you can ask for access to that information and details regarding:
- why we are using your information;
- what information are we using;
- who we have shared the information with;
- the period for which your information will be stored, or how we determine that period;
- your right to object to our processing of your information, your right to have your information erased or the processing of your information restricted;
- your right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority;
- the source of your information where it has not been provided by you;
- the existence of any automated decision-making processes using your data or any profiling;
- the transfers of your information to countries outside of EEA and the safeguards in place; and
- your right to a copy of the information about you which is being processed by us.
- You can ask us to correct your information if it’s wrong.
- You can ask us to delete some of your information.
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your information.
- You can ask us to help you move some of your information to other companies.
- You have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company.
- You can ask us to stop using your information, but only in certain cases.
- You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
You also have a right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances. You can ask us to stop processing your information at any time. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to do this or may not be required to do this. For example, if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information, or if the information is relevant to an ongoing legal dispute then we may not stop processing your information.
If you would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, please contact as described below.
What Type of “Cookies” Does the Website use?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. For example, these include cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our Website. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party web traffic analysis service providers, such as Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies remember choices you make and are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests. They are also used to make advertising more relevant to you, as well as to limit the number of times you see a specific advertisement. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organizations (e.g. advertisers).
We use Google Analytics. For information on how Google processes and collects your information in regard to this product and how you can opt-out, please see here.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
If you are in the EEA, you also have the right to complain to the local data protection authority (DPA) within the EEA. You can find the details of your local DPA here.
The Predictive Index website does not currently recognize and process “do not track” signals from different web browsers. For more information on “do not track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.
Last modified January 30, 2023