Access LevelsNot a PI Client? Request a Demo
Access Levels determine what actions you can perform within each product of the Predictive Index platform.
User Access Levels can be viewed and managed from the Manage Users panel, which is accessible via the gear icon in the top-right of your navigation bar.
Understanding Access Levels
Users can be assigned one of five Access Levels:
- No Access: Cannot create, view, or edit anything
- Limited: Restricted in what they can view and edit
- Full: Restricted in what they can edit
- Admin: Unrestricted in what they can create, view, and edit; can promote/demote Full, Limited, and No Access users
- Company Admin: Can promote/demote any user, including Admins (only one available per domain)
Access Levels are set on a per-product basis. If your company is subscribed to PI Hire and PI Design, it’s possible to be an Admin user in Hire and a Limited user in Design.
Note: Unlike other Access Levels, the Company Admin is a special case permission that cannot be manually assigned.
What are the default Access Levels for new users?
Here’s how Access Levels work by default:
- The first user at your company to sign up for a specific PI product (and confirm their email) becomes an Admin.
- Any other subsequent user receives the Limited designation.
How to modify Access Levels
- Log in to the PI software
- Click the Gear icon in the top-right of the navigation bar.
- A side panel titled Manage Users will appear.
- Scroll down to the People with Access section.
- Search the name(s) of the user whose Access Level you’d like to change.
- Under Access Level, click the drop-down and select the desired Access Level.
- Your changes will save automatically.
Access Levels overview
|Company Admin||Admin||Full||Limited||No Access|
|Create a new Job or Team||✅||✅||✅||✅||⛔|
|View all Jobs and Teams||✅||✅||✅||⛔||⛔|
|Edit all Jobs and Teams||✅||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|View and edit Jobs and Teams you’ve created||✅||✅||✅||✅||⛔|
|Access the “Manage Users” panel||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Invite new users||✅||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|Change Full, Limited, and No Access users’ Access Levels||✅||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|Change Admin users’ Access Levels||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|Change your own Access Level||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|Change Full and Limited users’ ability to Activate a Job or Team||✅||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|Change Admin users’ ability to Activate a Job or Team||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|